Tuesday, July 24, 2012

One day left in 'Merica

Hey guys. So upon request of several friends/family members, I have decided to start a blog for living in The Netherlands. I am pretty excited to start blogging again because a) this means I'll have more interesting stories (how can I not when I'm around Koen) and b) I just love writing these and reading them long after my trips to reminisce! 


It is the day before I leave and I haven't even finished packing yet...this is what happened last time so I guess I never learn... However, as an alternative to packing, I have decided to go spend some time in the sun before I leave for the land of rain and colder weather aka. NL. They are infamous for their gloomy and MOIST (this is for Katie) weather so I want to get as much vitamin D as possible before I surrender to the rain and frigid air over there. 


Now I don't know if anyone else has felt like this before but it seems to me that leaving the country for long periods of time forces you to become a social butterfly (in terms of meeting up to say goodbye to certain people) and in turn you receive lots of extra attention and I love it. The last few months I have spent a great deal of time with good friends and family and it makes me realize how much I am going to miss everyone and everything American..Especially Mr. Marls, my ultimate non-human companion. I love traveling and seeing the world but home means a lot to me and to leave it behind is a very difficult task. 


However, I think this will be a good thing for me and Koen too because I'll get to see things from his perspective and the Dutch business perspective which is never a bad thing! Maybe I'll learn some Dutch too if Koen follows through and posts sticky notes on everything in the apartment like I've asked.. Anyways, I'm hoping to learn a lot there and ultimately come back with a sense of what I want for the future. Duh Koen is a big part of that. But I won't get all sappy and lovey dovey on you all. :)


Ok gotta go, I'm wasting daylight so I'm signing off but I will post my address and new phone number in case anyone would like to contact me! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment